Financial Aid for Summer 2020 Courses
To apply for financial aid, complete the following forms:
- The online 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (enter the Extension School federal code, E00209, in the school section of the FAFSA)
- Students enrolling in study abroad programs that begin on or after July 1 must complete a 2020–21 FAFSA.
- Please note: parental information with electronic signature is required for dependent students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students only: if you do not have a valid Social Security Number, please contact Student Financial Services at email@example.com for further guidance.
- The 2020 Summer Enrollment Plan, available in Harvard Summer School online services beginning February 1, 2020
You may be required to verify information you provided on your financial aid application by submitting additional supporting documentation (for example, proof of citizenship or verification worksheet) before your application is considered complete. For this reason, you are encouraged to apply before the priority deadline. Student Financial Services will contact you if additional documentation is required.
The priority application deadline for the summer term is March 1, 2020.
Submitting a completed application by the priority deadline allows you to:
- Be considered for institutional grant funds
- Have any anticipated financial aid posted to your student account by the full payment deadline
If you submit your completed application after the priority deadline, we will determine your eligibility for federal loans and grants on a rolling basis. You may be considered for institutional aid if funds are still available.
Requested documentation must be received by Student Financial Services no later than 14 days prior to the last day of summer classes. If documentation is not received by this deadline, financial aid funds may not be awarded for that term.
You should receive your financial aid letter within four to six weeks from the priority deadline, or the date when the application is completed, whichever is later.