TIPS FOR STUDENTS ON WAITLISTS
- Log in to online services regularly to see if you are still waitlisted. Your waitlist position is based on the date and time of your registration. We cannot predict your chances for admission.
- Check your email. After being admitted to a course or closed off of a waitlist, you will be sent an email message the next business day advising you to view your course schedule to see the registration change.
- Attend all classes or participate in online courses, and complete all required work through the late registration deadline for your course. Otherwise, you may be dropped from the waitlist by the Registrar’s Office.
- Do not ask instructors for special consideration. Instructors do not admit students. Only the Registrar’s Office does. Instructors may report attendance to the Registrar’s Office, where admission decisions are made in accordance with course attendance policies.
- Attend an alternate course in case you are not admitted from the waitlist. If your alternate course is also limited, you should register for it. If you are admitted to the course for which you are waitlisted, remember to drop the alternate course by the full-tuition refund deadline if you do not want to be registered and enrolled in both courses.
- You are charged full tuition to be on a waitlist. You may drop from a waitlist for a full-tuition refund at any time before the full-tuition refund deadline. Be aware that registration and drop deadlines may differ for some courses.
- Waitlists are resolved by the end of late registration. If you are not admitted to the course for which you are waitlisted, you receive a full-tuition refund for that course, and you may no longer attend it. Registration fees are nonrefundable.