TIPS FOR STUDENTS ON WAITLISTS
- Log in to online services regularly to see if you are still waitlisted. Your waitlist position is based on the date and time of your registration. We cannot predict your chances for admission.
- Check your email. After being admitted to a course or closed off of a waitlist, you will be sent an email message by the next business day advising you to view your course schedule to see the registration change.
- Pay your balance in full. You are charged full tuition to be on a waitlist. You may drop from a waitlist for a full-tuition refund at any time before the full-tuition refund deadline.
- Attend all classes or participate in online courses, and complete all required coursework through the course changes deadline. Late work may be submitted only with instructor approval and according to instructor policies. Being admitted from a waitlist after the course has begun does not warrant an exception to those policies.
- Do not ask instructors for special consideration. Instructors do not admit students. Only the Registrar’s Office does. If space in the course becomes available, students on the waitlist will be admitted by the Registrar’s Office.
- Attend an alternate course in case you are not admitted from the waitlist. If your alternate course is also limited, you should register and pay for it. If you are admitted to the course for which you are waitlisted, remember to drop the alternate course by the full-tuition refund deadline if you do not want to be enrolled in both courses.
- Waitlists are resolved by the course changes deadline. If you are not admitted to the course for which you are waitlisted, you receive a full-tuition refund for that course, and you may no longer attend.