If a course has limited enrollment, it is noted in the course description and course search results.
Tips for registering for courses with limited enrollment
- Check course availability regularly using the course catalog. Search results display the enrollment limit, as well as course and waitlist enrollment.
- Take the test of critical reading and writing skills early. Many courses require this test, and you cannot register for them unless you have a passing test score or minimum required grade in a listed alternate course.
- Meet the English proficiency requirement early. If your native language is not English, you must meet this requirement before you can register for courses.
- Register online early. Courses with limited enrollment fill quickly. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, and many courses fill before classes begin. When registering online, you know immediately whether you are registered, waitlisted, or closed out of a course so that you can register for an alternate course, if you wish.
- If the course is full when you register, you may register for a place on the waitlist.
- If the waitlist is full, the course is closed to further registration until space becomes available again.
- If the course is closed, we encourage you to keep checking the course availability using the course catalog. Courses often reopen as space becomes available, especially after registration and payment deadlines.
- Pay your balance in full. If you do not pay your balance in full by the payment deadline, you risk being dropped from all courses and waitlists. If you are dropped for non-payment, you remain eligible to register for courses with immediate payment until registration ends. However, there is no guarantee space will still be available in the courses or on the waitlists from which you were dropped.