Courses with limited enrollment are noted in course descriptions and course search results.
Tips for registering for courses with limited enrollment
- Check course availability using the course search as soon as registration begins. Search results display the enrollment limit, as well as course and waitlist enrollment.
- Take placement tests early. Many courses require the test of critical reading and writing skills or the math placement test. You cannot register for these courses unless you have a passing test score or minimum required grade in a listed alternate course.
- Register online early. Courses with limited enrollment fill quickly. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, and many courses fill and close before classes begin. When registering online, you know immediately whether you are registered, waitlisted, or closed out of a course so that you can register for an alternate course, if you wish.
- If the course is full when you register, you may register for a place on the waitlist. You are charged full tuition. If the waitlist is full, the course is closed and you may not register for it.
- Attend all classes or participate online and complete all required work to keep your seat through the late registration period. Otherwise, you may be dropped from the course by the Registrar. If you register late for a limited-enrollment course you haven’t attended, your registration may be canceled.