Course Changes and Withdrawals
After registering for courses, you may wish to make changes to your course schedule. Review the following deadlines and policies before making changes.
Once registration ends, only registered students may continue to make course changes, including course adds, up to the course change and withdrawal deadlines listed below and in the academic calendar. New registration is not permitted after registration ends.
Course Change and Withdrawal Deadlines
The following are dates by which these changes must be submitted online or received at 51 Brattle Street:
|Fall term||January session||Spring term|
|Course adds and credit status changes
Registered students only during fall and spring course change period
|September 9||January 6||February 2|
|Full tuition refund, course dropped from record||September 9||January 6||February 2|
|Half tuition refund, course dropped from record||September 16||n/a||February 9|
|No tuition refund, course remains on record
Final grade of WD assigned to credit students,
Final grade of WN assigned to noncredit students
|November 22||January 16||April 24|
|No withdrawals, course remains on record
Final grade assigned to students registered for credit
|after November 22||after January 16||after April 24|
*Deadlines may differ for courses that do not follow the full academic calendar. If so, they are noted in course descriptions.
Course Change and Withdrawal Policies
- You are responsible for confirming all course changes you make by checking your course registration and schedule in online services. Notify the Registrar’s Office of errors immediately.
- You are expected to attend or participate online and do all coursework from the day classes begin. Late work may be submitted only with instructor approval and according to instructor policies. Adding courses after registration ends does not warrant an exception to those policies.
- Stopping payment on checks or credit cards is not a valid method of dropping or withdrawing from courses.
- You may be assigned a failing grade in a course if you are enrolled for credit, you do not withdraw by the withdrawal deadline, and you do not complete all course requirements.
- If you are a current or prospective Extension degree candidate or premedical program participant, keep in mind that withdrawal (WD) and failing grades are included in your GPA and can affect your academic standing or eligibility for admission. Review information online about the program that interests you, and call or write Enrollment Services with questions.
Unable To Make Changes Online?
If you cannot make your course registration changes online, contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com for assistance.