Course Changes and Withdrawals
Review the following deadlines and policies before making changes to your course schedule.
Course change and withdrawal deadlines
You may add courses, change credit status, and drop or withdraw from courses via online services. If you register by the registration deadline each term or session, you are charged no fees to make these changes.
Following are the dates by which these changes must be submitted online or received at 51 Brattle Street for courses that follow the full academic calendar:
|Fall term||January session||Spring term|
|Course and credit status changes||September 5||January 3||January 29|
|Full tuition refund, course dropped from record||September 5||January 3||January 29|
|Half tuition refund, course dropped from record||September 12||n/a||February 5|
|No tuition refund, course remains on record
Final grade of WD assigned to credit students,
Final grade of WN assigned to noncredit students
|November 24||January 11||April 20|
|No withdrawals, course remains on record
Final grade assigned to students registered for credit
|after November 24||after January 11||after April 20|
Deadlines may differ for courses that do not follow the full academic calendar. If so, they are noted in course descriptions.
Course change and withdrawal policies
- You are responsible for confirming all course changes you make by checking “Course Registration and Schedule” in online services. Notify the Registrar’s Office immediately of errors.
- If you add courses during late registration, you still are expected to attend or participate online and do all coursework from the day your classes begin.
- Stopping payment on checks or credit cards is not a valid method of dropping or withdrawing from courses.
- You may be assigned a failing grade in a course if you are enrolled for credit, you do not withdraw by the withdrawal deadline, and you do not complete all course requirements.
- If you are a current or prospective Extension degree candidate or premedical program participant, keep in mind that withdrawal (WD) and failing grades are included in your GPA and can affect your academic standing or eligibility for admission. Review information online about the program that interests you, and call or write Enrollment Services with questions.
Can’t make changes online?
If you cannot make your course registration changes online, you must submit a course change and withdrawal form by the appropriate course change, drop, or withdrawal deadline.