Coronavirus Updates: See latest COVID-19 news from Harvard DCE Professional Development.
Effective sales managers can significantly increase revenue.
In this intensive Strategic Sales Management program, you will explore characteristics of exceptional sales managers, and get ideas on how you can boost your team’s success and drive your organization's revenue through your role as a sales manager whether in a business-to-business (B2B) or a business-to-consumer (B2C) setting.
The most relevant characteristics of highly effective sales managers are addressed in multiple interactive sessions. Instructors share proven strategies and techniques and tailor the sessions to address the most urgent and important issues facing you and your peers.
You’ll develop the skills you need to draw out the strengths of your sales team and drive revenue. Learn to strengthen your personal leadership coaching, train your direct reports, and create a championship culture. This Strategic Sales Management program will challenge you to consider and try approaches and techniques proven in many industries and inspire you to consistently attain high performance from your sales team.
- Explore proven methods to effectively coach, train, and lead a highly effective sales organization
- Learn techniques to drive your own professional growth and career development
- Analyze your most urgent and important sales management issues
- Explore techniques for more effective communicating, coaching, and training
- Decide on actions to upgrade your sales management performance in your areas of greatest opportunity
- Identifying characteristics of high performing sales managers
- Applying coaching methods that work with sales people
- Training new and experienced sales people with the persuasion equation
- Continually improving your championship culture including pipeline improvement & tailoring your communication style
- Defining your professional purpose
Who Should Enroll
Emerging sales leaders and mid-career professionals who want an invigorating examination of proven strategic professional sales leadership and management approaches. Expect to learn from the expertise of your instructors as well as the experiences of your fellow participants in a highly interactive, mostly participative learning format. Those with less than 10 years of sales management experience will find this program most beneficial.
The program is designed for:
- Current sales professionals preparing to become managers in either B2B and B2C environments
- Current sales managers with less than ten years sales experience interested in benchmarking their practices with proven methods, and improving their effectiveness
- Decision-makers not in sales (i.e. marketing, finance, product development, etc.) who want to understand effective sales management approaches or who want to work more effectively with the sales team
Instructor John Westman, Michael McCarthy
Instructor John Westman, Michael McCarthy
2020 Class Times: 8:30am-4:30pm EDT
John Westman is a practitioner and teacher of strategic sales management. Westman has led commercial efforts—including strategy, sales management, marketing, business development, and strategic partnerships—and is a co-founder of Novellus Inc., a biotech startup. Prior positions include general manager and vice president of marketing and sales for companies in dermatology, pharmaceutical information, dialysis equipment, and dialysis services. John led U.S. and global marketing and sales training at Baxter Healthcare's Renal division and started his career at a Bain Consulting & Baxter consulting firm.
Michael McCarthy is a serial entrepreneur and international public speaker who focuses on teaching entrepreneurship, blockchain, sales, and innovation. From 1994–2004, he was the #1 Stock Market Timer in the United States and raised 100% of client assets with an inbound marketing referral program he developed. Michael founded Budi Products in 2010, a food company designing brain-healthy gourmet snacks which was acquired in 2015. He developed the Leadership Sailing Program for MIT Sloan Executive Education in 2016 and is the founder of Power Speaking Coach, a Boston based consulting firm.