Great salespeople are critical to the performance of an organization. This success depends on sales managers and their capabilities to effectively set goals, select and coach their team, and integrate within the larger organization.
In this intensive Strategic Sales Management program, you will explore characteristics of exceptional sales management, and learn how you can boost your organization's success through your role as a sales manager in both business-to-business (B2B), and business-to-consumer (B2C) settings.
Through highly interactive sessions and discussion guided by both the instructors and peers, you’ll learn proven sales management strategies and techniques to lead yourself, your direct reports, and your organization.
From designing your sales goals and structure, coaching your direct reports, and aligning motivation with compensation programs, this Strategic Sales Management program will provide the approaches and techniques you need to consistently drive high performance from your sales team.
- Explore proven methods to effectively design, lead, and manage a sales organization
- Learn techniques to drive your own professional growth and career development
- Analyze your most urgent and important sales management issues, drawing from knowledge and experience from instructors and colleagues
- Explore techniques for more effective hiring, coaching, and recognition programs
- Review and enhance your sales strategy
- Examine sales metrics
- Decide on actions to upgrade your sales management performance in your areas of greatest opportunity
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Top ten characteristics of high performing sales managers
- Establishing your career goals and strategy
- Designing your sales organization goals and structures
- Creating a high-performance sales team through recruitment, selection, and hiring
- Coaching and developing salespeople
- Fostering a championship culture for your sales team
Who Should Enroll
- Current sales professionals preparing to become managers in either B2B and B2C environments
- Current sales managers with less than ten years sales experience interested in benchmarking their practices with proven methods, and improving their effectiveness
- Decision-makers not in sales (i.e. marketing, finance, product development, etc.) who want to understand effective sales management approaches or who want to work more effectively with the sales team