This program last ran in July 2020. Future dates to be announced.
With the current evolution of business, technology, and world events, many leaders are now managing remote employees. So, how is leading remotely similar to—and different from—leading in a traditional environment? How do we take our skills to the next level to lead in this new setting?
Leaders must adapt to the unique set of experiences, talents, and interests of their team in order to lead more effectively—not just for the short-term, but for long-term results.
In this four-week online program, participants will engage in a variety of readings, discussions, activities, and application exercises. Develop an understanding of who you are as a leader, and learn how you can evolve attitudes and build skills to become a more effective manager in a remote environment. Learn best practices, tips, and techniques to get the most from virtual teams and remote employees.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
- Build trust and psychological safety in a virtual environment
- Communicate more effectively in a remote environment
- Learn how to give feedback and coach others remotely
- Boost individual and team resilience
- Leverage the diverse talents and perspectives on your team
- Grow your team remotely for enhanced performance
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Evolving and enhancing your leadership capabilities to lead in a virtual environment
- Getting the most out of your remote team
- Leading for the long term
- Best practices in communicating with remote employees and teams
Who should enroll
This program is intended for either new or experienced managers who lead remote teams and want to improve their leadership skills in a virtual environment.