The demand for business coaches has never been greater. With business moving at breakneck speed, frequent job shifts, and limited in-house training, professionals of all levels are often grappling with changes. As a result, organizations are in dire need of leaders who can guide their colleagues through workplace challenges, help them improve performance, and lead them through career decisions. This two-day program provides insight into the latest techniques and fundamentals of coaching to help you become a mentor who can help your team and colleagues grow and succeed.
In this program, you’ll develop a strategy for coaching based on your unique strengths and experiences. Through case studies and experiential exercises—including ones that place you in the shoes of someone receiving coaching—you’ll develop and fine-tune essential coaching skills. By moving beyond typical mentoring and day-to-day managing, you’ll find new ways to strengthen your team and add value to your organization.
- Become a better leader by developing your coaching toolkit
- Help your employees reach their potential, while supporting the goals of the company
- Promote a company culture that supports professional growth and retains talented team members
- Prepare for expanded management responsibilities
- Practice key elements of the coaching process, from contracting to initial meeting to completion
- Developing a coaching mindset by examining the latest coaching principles and best practices
- Discovering essential competencies for effective coaching: thinking, being, and doing
- Using personal assessment tools to help people understand how others perceive them
- Adapting your coaching style to the needs of different individuals by practicing mirroring, directive, guiding, and facilitating conversations
- Overcoming common coaching challenges, such as delivering difficult feedback in a way that promotes constructive outcomes
- Gaining greater self-awareness through coaching and furthering your own professional development
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for managers who want to develop a coaching approach to leadership, as well as HR professionals who want to coach leaders within their organization or who are responsible for hiring external coaches.