This program last ran in September 2016. Future dates to be announced.
Marketing communications professionals must adapt to rapid changes in social and digital media on a daily basis—but keeping up with new platforms and strategies can be a demanding job in itself. To succeed, they must approach social media platforms as two-way communication vehicles in order to reach more customers, deliver the right message, and drive more traffic to their website.
This two-day program provides you with an overview of the latest digital media and social media strategies to apply to your business and personal brand. Through interactive and relevant exercises, you’ll explore many of the major platforms and receive real-time feedback in the process. Each module provides hands-on opportunities for building the strategic skills and mindset to bolster your digital brand and boost your marketing reach.
- Understand common terminology when referring to digital and social marketing
- Evaluate your brand’s digital footprint to find what’s missing or needs to be improved
- Improve postings and polish profiles per best practice standards
- Manage your digital brand from both a personal and a business perspective
- Create a powerful personal or company page that has impact on social media
- Identify and follow influencers pertinent to your brand to expand your reach
- Explore how different search and digital ads improve search engine marketing
- Understand and experiment with social platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create a digital marketing straw model for your organization that includes new platforms, sharing across teams, and a measurement plan
In this program you will:
- Devise ways to use social and digital media to drive more business to your website
- Leverage your “personal brand” for your company’s success
- Adopt a customer-centric mindset to maximize your digital strategies
- Use keywords and search engine optimization to improve your websites and social profiles
- Manage external agency and internal marketing teams more effectively
- Implement new strategies to improve customer interaction with your brand
Who should enroll
This hands-on program is ideal for marketing and communication professionals and business owners who want to build a foundation in digital and social media marketing strategies.