Coronavirus Updates: See latest COVID-19 news from Harvard DCE Professional Development.
Today's top companies succeed by making innovation a fundamental part of their strategy. As the pace of change continues to increase and the threat of disruption becomes the new normal, companies need to have a focused and effective approach to innovation. Apple, Amazon, Intuit, and other industry leaders continue to build breakthroughs—strategies that reshape markets, deliver greater value at a lower cost, redefine channels, and force competitors to scramble.
In this two-day program, you’ll examine the frameworks that market-leading companies use to build innovation into their business approach. Through hands-on group exercises and real-world examples, you’ll learn how to drive innovation and develop winning strategies for your organization. The program emphasizes tangible, practical content which can be immediately deployed in your organization.
- Build innovation into the strategy development process
- Design innovative, go-to-market strategies that create value for customers and fuel growth
- Learn how to orient your business for speed in order to secure a competitive advantage
- Identify and exploit new markets that are uncontested
- Apply creative strategies to market your business offerings
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Exploring the habits of today’s “new innovators” and corporate innovation structures
- Hiring and partnering for successful innovation
- Bringing diverse talent together to spark new ideas
- Fostering innovative strategies, eliminating obstacles, and managing risk
- Ensuring that innovation remains a strategic priority
- Driving innovation across the organization
- Crafting the optimal metrics and setting the right expectations on which to be measured
- Navigating the organizational challenges inherent in innovation programs in established companies
Who Should Enroll
This program is appropriate for managers from any industry who want to improve their organization’s capacity to formulate and implement innovative strategies. It is equally suited for professionals from established companies who want to develop new revenue sources or from startups launching new offerings. While no specific training is required, participants should have a basic understanding of marketing and financial principles.
Instructor Phil Swisher
2020 Class Times: 8:30am-4:30pm EDT
Previously, he was the global head of innovation and a senior vice president at Brown Brothers Harriman. Swisher also led a startup financed by the Kraft Group that focused on commodities trading and risk management, and worked as an investment banker at Goldman Sachs in New York. He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School.