This program last ran in April 2019. Future dates to be announced.
Persuasion is essential to success in our professional lives. With every business challenge comes an opportunity to influence an outcome. An ethical application of persuasive skills lets you achieve unmatched results. Whether you need to convince clients to sign a contract, garner support for a proposal, or win new business in competitive bids, persuasive skills are the driving force that will help you accomplish your goals.
In this fast-paced and highly integrated program, we go “inside” the persuasive mindset in an attempt to understand how and why it works. We focus on the successful techniques that salespeople use to design compelling messages, and explore why some messages are more influential than others. Through hands-on exercises and simulations, you will improve your ability to influence and motivate others to buy products, services, and ideas.
- Appeal to an audience by analyzing and responding to their needs
- Engage your listeners and captivate them with your message
- Master effective persuasive techniques to motivate and influence others
- Use logic, emotion, and credibility-based appeals to create a convincing argument
- Design a compelling pitch that influences buy-in
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Managing first impressions
- Assessing the needs of your audience
- Writing persuasive emails
- Influencing without authority
- Using the building blocks of persuasion
- Developing a strong professional presence
- Preparing for a sales opportunity
- Using the persuasion “formula”
- Closing the deal
Who should enroll
This program is designed for managers who want to strengthen their leadership and communication skills to meet strategic goals. This course is a variation of our previously offered Communicating with Influence: The Art of Persuasion, and Advanced Public Speaking: Persuasive Communication programs. If you already have taken Communicating with Influence: The Art of Persuasion, or Advanced Public Speaking: Persuasive Communication, we encourage you to consider our other communication programs.