Detecting new growth opportunities as they emerge is the key to securing a competitive edge in fast-expanding markets. But how do you forecast where the next wave of growth will occur?
Most marketing analysts rely on traditional macroeconomic data like population trends, urbanization ratios, and purchasing power. While this may be effective in slow-moving markets, new business opportunities are often localized and thus overlooked in competitive economies.
This online program—integrating aspects of strategy, entrepreneurship, management, marketing, and technology—goes beyond benchmarking and performance reports to look at what spurs growth across a variety of industries, and how to spot it at the grassroots level. It’s designed to help participants develop a strategic, sustainable business growth strategy.
You will engage in simulations, detection exercises, and group work to explore the economic, social, and political megatrends that are reshaping industries and markets. Also, you’ll acquire the frameworks to identify and capture emerging opportunities for your business.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
- Learn how to detect new megatrends—and understand how they affect the business landscape
- Develop a growth strategy by finding new opportunities often overlooked in local markets and exploring those fast-expanding markets
- Use frameworks to organize resources and research around new market factors for business growth
- Develop a new lens to see emerging market growth opportunities and economies of scale and scope
- Track and evaluate the performance of competitors on a regular basis
- Explore the relationship between drivers of growth and potential business opportunities
- Tap into the rising needs of consumers or dormant demand to benefit from new markets
- Earn a digital Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Enhancing your business acumen, strategic thinking, and decision-making skills by applying an entrepreneurial lens
- Examining hybrid business models and the concept of “collaborative innovation”
- Exploring political, social, and economic data sources to detect opportunities in new markets or industries
- Understanding competition on a global scale, by applying and identifying blue ocean, red ocean, and nonmarket strategies
- Applying a “bottom-up” as well as a “top-down” approach
- Determining risk in a nonfinancial manner
- Identifying, testing, prototyping, and designing responses to growth
Who Should Enroll
This comprehensive online program takes a multidisciplinary approach that integrates economics, strategy, marketing, technology, and entrepreneurship. It is designed for managers who require a deeper understanding of today’s complex and rapidly evolving business environment. Professionals who work in market analysis, marketing and sales, business development, strategy, and finance will benefit most from this program.
Instructor Mark Esposito
Instructor Mark Esposito
10 am—1:30 pm ET
Mark Esposito, Ph.D, is recognized internationally as a top global thought leader in matters relating to The Fourth Industrial Revolution, the changes and opportunities that technology will bring to industry. He co-founded Nexus FrontierTech, a firm dedicated to the productions of AI solutions. He was inducted in 2016 in the radar of Thinkers50 as one of the 30 most prominent business thinkers.