In our fast-moving innovation economy, leaders need to find new ways to tackle business problems, think beyond the status quo, and create value for their organizations.
Whether you’re an established entrepreneur, aspiring business owner, or intrapreneur within an organization, this immersive two-day program will tap your potential to evaluate new ideas—from a process change to strengthen efficiencies, to a recently developed product, to a transformative business model. Through dynamic discussion and engaging exercises, you’ll learn entrepreneurial methods and processes to help you assess ideas and gain a deeper understanding of value creation.
Upon completion, you’ll be able to exercise entrepreneurial thinking, and will be equipped with frameworks and skills to apply to your organization’s challenges. It is not necessary to have a business idea or plan before enrolling in this program.
This program was previously titled Entrepreneurial Skills: Evaluating New Business Ideas. The course material has not changed.
- Learn how to evaluate and assess new ideas
- Design value propositions and business models that support your organization’s desired growth
- Test hypotheses about your business ideas to reduce the risk of failure
- Learn how to provide evidence that your new business ideas are viable to gain buy-in from senior management
- Discover tools and principles to manage the process of identifying and creating business opportunities that strengthen competitive advantage
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Understanding the role of entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship in various business contexts
- Examining your entrepreneurial mindset and skills
- Implementing tools to assess and refine your business ideas
- Learning how to create customer profiles, map value, and verify a problem-solution fit
- Creating your value propositions and presenting this value to stakeholders to secure resources and win support
- Applying effective communication skills to pitch your business idea confidently
Who Should Enroll
This program is appropriate for professionals in a range of industries who are looking to better understand how to create value for their company, organization, or unit. In particular, the following individuals will find the course material actionable:
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Intrapreneurs and chief innovation officers
- Business development executives
- Product developers
- Freelancers and sole proprietors