Coronavirus Updates: See latest COVID-19 news from Harvard DCE Professional Development.
Required Pre-Program Session
Oct. 21, 2020
12:00 - 1:00 pm EDT
Online Program Modules
Oct. 26—30, 2020
10:30 am - 2:30 pm EDT
As digital technologies continue to disrupt the competitive landscape, companies are under constant pressure to implement strategies for staying relevant, responsive, and profitable. Marketers who understand their customers’ end-to-end journeys and experiences will be successful in developing a strategic digital roadmap that meets both their customers’ expectations and their organization’s business objectives.
This highly interactive online program will teach you a proven framework for designing, implementing, and managing a successful digital marketing strategy.
Receive actionable insights through a mix of lecture, video, case studies, articles, interactive exercises, and team activities. The week will culminate in a final team group presentation where participants present their digital strategies and hear their colleagues’ feedback.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded. The online version of Digital Marketing Strategy is a condensed version of the on-campus program. It will not cover data and data markets, digital display and social media advertising, or crisis communication and preparation.
- Develop the skills to build an actionable digital marketing strategy that aligns with your business goals.
- Apply concepts learned in class in a final team project and create your own digital strategy when you return to work.
- Examine how companies use different strategies to reach target audiences and learn how to incorporate them creatively in your own organization.
- Learn to develop a digital plan that breaks up groupthink and aligns departments around a common vision.
- Expand your definition of ROI and determine which KPIs can be applied to your digital plans.
- Share ideas and challenges with a dynamic peer group of global digital marketers and enjoy multiple networking opportunities.
- Earn a digital Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education.
- Consumer behavior changes resulting from advancement in communications technology
- Customer personas and journeys
- Digital transformation and the impact on companies
- Storytelling for brands in a digital world
- The pros and cons of influencer marketing
- Social media strategies
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
Who Should Enroll
This intensive online program is ideal for those looking to understand the big picture of building and executing a digital marketing strategy. Participants should be familiar with the various social and digital media platforms and have the ability to understand how business drivers apply to these digital marketing initiatives. This class is ideal for:
- Executives looking to better understand the digital space and more effectively manage teams and agencies.
- Mid-level marketers and managers looking to move into a senior role and adopt a more strategic mindset.
- Professionals seeking to develop a solid understanding of the state of digital marketing.
Instructor Nicole Ames
Instructor Nicole Ames
10:30 am—2:30 pm EDT
Please note: each offering includes a mandatory technical check-in.
August session: 8/4, 12-1 pm EDT
October session: 10/20, 12-1 pm EDT
December session: 12/1, 12-1 pm EDT
Founder of Twist IMC, Nicole Ames is an expert consultant on digital media strategies, with clients including Bloomberg, Ikea, Keurig and RBS Citizens. In addition to her experience working in Fortune 500 companies, she also serves as an adjunct professor at Boston University's School of Management.