As digital technologies continue to reshape the competitive landscape, marketers are challenged to stay informed, adapt, and make strategic decisions in a space that’s constantly evolving.
This five-day program delivers the proven frameworks and foundational tools you need to design, implement, and manage a successful digital marketing strategy that achieves your business objectives. From day one, you will engage in hands-on exercises that help you build buyer and influencer personas, capture and measure critical data, communicate more effectively, and drive deeper customer loyalty and market share.
This highly interactive program allows participants to engage in the exploration of new ideas, insights, and experiences from the instructor, guest speakers, and their peers. Through the use of lecture and video, case studies, articles, use-case examples, interactive exercises, and team activities, participants will develop the skills to build and develop a digital marketing strategy to meet business goals. The week will culminate with a final team exercise where participants benefit from feedback from their colleagues. Participants will also have time to network during a casual reception and tour of Harvard Yard.
- Develop the skills to build an actionable digital strategy that aligns with your business goals
- Examine how companies use different strategies to reach specific target audiences
- Apply a proven digital media framework that you can immediately implement
- Identify ways to determine return on investment (ROI) for your digital efforts
- Build audience personas to better target your key customers
- Discuss digital media challenges—from measurement and tools to distraction to crisis—and sharing your experiences with your peers
- Expand your professional and personal digital networks through a dynamic global classroom
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
Social Media Strategy
- Building and supporting digital communities
- Social listening/monitoring
- Paid social
- Co-creation: user-generated content and influencer outreach
- The need for social media policy in your organization
- Preventing and managing crisis
Storytelling for Marketers
- Overview of content management
- Story: Long and short; timing and cadence
- Customer Journeys
- Creating optimal brand stories
Search Engine Marketing—SEO to SEM
- Organic and paid search
- ROI-based framework
- Analytics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Using SERPs
- Why content is king (and why it isn't)
- Working with search agency partners
- Attribution models and frameworks
- Promise and pitfalls
- Influencers vs content creators
- Tools and insights
Who Should Enroll
This intensive program is ideal for those who are looking to understand the big picture of building and executing a digital media strategy. Participants should be familiar with the various social media platforms, and have the ability to understand how business strategy applies to these digital marketing and media tools.
This class is ideal for:
- Executives looking to better understand the digital space to more effectively manage their teams and agencies
- Midsize business owners who need to apply digital marketing to build their businesses
- Professionals seeking a solid overview of the state of digital to discuss the trends and critical issues brought on by these technologies and how it affects business
This program is a variation of our previously offered Introduction to Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing: Advanced Strategies and Tactics, and Advanced Digital Marketing: Media Strategy and Planning. If you have already taken any of these programs, we encourage to consider one of our other offerings.