This program last ran in February 2020. Future dates to be announced.
Design thinking has emerged as a powerful new problem-solving approach. It’s used in public, private, and nonprofit sectors for solving tomorrow’s user problems, fueling growth, and delivering a unique customer experience.
Amazon, United Healthcare, and the Perkins School for the Blind are among the market leaders who have sustained growth through human-centered design. But any organization can embed this new approach to innovation into its cultures and processes.
This hands-on workshop gives professionals practical tools for applying a versatile four-step design thinking process within their organizations. Learn how to identify hidden customer needs and improve the customer experience through interviews, journey mapping, and prototyping.
- Learn the fundamentals of design thinking and how it can create great customer and employee experiences
- Solve complex challenges using proven design-thinking frameworks
- Combine design-thinking processes with analytical tools
- Improve collaboration across functions, working better across departments
- Understand approaches to building design thinking into your organization and changing the culture
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Why ongoing innovation is critical to sustained growth
- A four-step design thinking process: learn, design, test, model
- Methods and techniques for user-centered research
- Journey mapping to distill findings and priorities needs
- Prototyping and pivoting using a minimum viable offer to mitigate risk
- Overcoming organizational barriers to adopting design thinking
Who should enroll
This program is ideal for professionals seeking to drive innovation through design thinking, leverage user-centered approaches to solve problems, and bring design thinking back into their organizations.