Internal and external consultants alike rely on a variety of consulting tools to diagnose organizational problems, and identify and evaluate potential solutions.
Designed for internal consultants with less than seven years of consulting experience, the program explores the tools and essential consulting skills that prepare you to deliver more effective solutions to your clients. Through a combination of lecture, case discussion, and interactive group exercises, The Consultant’s Toolkit teaches you analytic techniques that can be used in diverse settings, including small and large companies, and for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Build a foundation of knowledge for success in a consulting role
- Gain an understanding of the consulting process
- Acquire essential consulting skills for contracting with clients, collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Learn consulting techniques in the areas of strategy formulation, market research, operations, performance management, and project management
- Learn how to engage more effectively with those consulting for your organization
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Overview of the consulting industry, trends, and the role of consultants
- Strategic frameworks for the consulting process
- Problem definition
- Discovery and data collection
- Recommendation and presentation
- Balanced scorecard
- Operational diagnostic tools
- Hypothesis trees
- Research methods
- Dealing with resistance
Who Should Enroll
If you currently work with consultants or would like to understand and use consulting tools and techniques within your organization, you benefit from this program.
Those with less than seven years of consulting experience will likely discover additional tools to enhance your expanding toolkit.
This program is not recommended for independent consultants. Those who work within a consulting firm or are an internal consultant with a company will find this most beneficial.
Instructor Rob Anthony
Instructor Taz Hussein
Instructor Taz Hussein
2020 Class Times: 8:30am-4:30pm
Rob Anthony has pursued a dual career as a general management consultant and an educator. As a consultant, he worked for Sherbrooke Associates, a boutique firm, and as an independent consultant, where he has had a broad practice in assisting global corporate clients in the areas of change management, strategy innovation, and leadership development. His experience includes working with executives, groups, and teams across levels, functions, industries, and geographies to develop competitive visions, solve problems, implement strategies, and build capabilities. Rob has industry experience as a product manager in the consumer products industry and as a venture capitalist.
Taz Hussein is a partner in the Bridgespan Group, a nonprofit consulting firm that advises mission-driven organizations on matters related to strategy, funding, and talent. Earlier in his career, Hussein worked as a management consultant at McKinsey & Company and in the Strategic Planning Group at American Express. He has consulted with companies in the United States, Canada, and Europe, and has volunteered his services to Boston-area nonprofits through Harvard Business School’s Community Action Partners program. Hussein serves on the board of Playworks and the Board of Overseers for the SpeakEasy Stage Company. He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School.