Internal and external consultants alike rely on a variety of consulting tools to diagnose organizational problems and identify and evaluate potential solutions.
Designed for internal consultants with less than seven years of consulting experience, this online offering explores the tools and essential consulting skills that prepare you to deliver more effective solutions to your clients. Through a combination of lecture, case discussion, and interactive group exercises, The Consultant’s Toolkit (Online) teaches you analytic techniques that can be used in diverse settings, including small and large companies, and for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
Note: All program content will be delivered live and will not be recorded.
- Build a foundation of knowledge for success in a consulting role
- Gain an understanding of the consulting process
- Acquire essential consulting skills for contracting with clients, collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Learn consulting techniques in the areas of strategy formulation, market research, operations, performance management, and project management
- Learn how to engage more effectively with those consulting for your organization
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Overview of the consulting industry, trends, and the role of consultants
- Strategic frameworks for the consulting process
- Problem definition
- Discovery and data collection
- Recommendation and presentation
- Balanced scorecard
- Operational diagnostic tools
- Hypothesis trees
- Research methods
- Dealing with resistance
Who Should Enroll
If you currently work with consultants or would like to understand and use consulting tools and techniques within your organization, you benefit from this online program.
Those with less than seven years of consulting experience will likely discover additional tools to enhance your expanding toolkit.
This online program is not recommended for independent consultants. Those who work within a consulting firm or are an internal consultant with a company will find this online offering most beneficial.
Instructor Rob Anthony
Instructor Rob Anthony
Instructor Shawn O'Connor
March and May 2021: 3:00—6:30 pm ET
October 2021: 10:00 am—1:00 pm ET
Rob Anthony has pursued a dual career as a general management consultant and an educator. As a consultant, he worked for Sherbrooke Associates, a boutique firm, and as an independent consultant, where he has had a broad practice in assisting global corporate clients in the areas of change management, strategy innovation, and leadership development. His experience includes working with executives, groups, and teams across levels, functions, industries, and geographies to develop competitive visions, solve problems, implement strategies, and build capabilities. Rob has industry experience as a product manager in the consumer products industry and as a venture capitalist.
Shawn O'Connor is a management consultant, serial entrepreneur, and academic. Having previously worked with McKinsey & Company and Mercer Management Consulting (now Oliver Wyman), Shawn is the founder and CEO of Locus Strategic Consulting. In 2006, Shawn launched Stratus Prep, an educational consulting firm, which he grew to approximately 100 team members serving students in over 50 countries.