Increase value to your organization by transitioning from a capable dealmaker to a master negotiator. Going beyond basic negotiation tactics, this highly interactive program delves into the strategic thinking and planning that drive success in simple or multiparty negotiations.
This fast-paced learning experience includes negotiation exercises, analysis of business cases, and discussion of challenges you may face at the bargaining table. You will develop more sophisticated negotiating skills, learn how to avoid common dealmaking pitfalls, and emerge prepared to conduct a wider range of complex negotiations with confidence.
- Design and execute more effective negotiation strategies
- Improve outcomes involving multiple parties, issues, and agendas
- Negotiate across international or cultural boundaries
- Boost your bargaining power while creating value for all parties
- Identify and eliminate barriers to success
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education
- Orchestrating the negotiation process
- Sequencing related deals
- Aligning dealmaking and implementation phases
- Building and managing coalitions across the negotiating process
- Managing your team to gather constituent support
- Choosing how and when to share new information
- Deciding when to present new options for creating value
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for professionals with some negotiating experience who want to take their strategic skills to a higher level. It is especially helpful for those who engage or plan to engage in international deals, multiparty negotiations, or more complex deals. Ideally, participants will have previously participated in basic negotiation training, such as our complementary program Negotiation Skills: Strategies for Increased Effectiveness.