Prepare for medical or dental school through the on-campus, postbaccalaureate Premedical Program at Harvard Extension School. Whether you are changing fields and need to complete all prerequisite coursework, or you are looking to strengthen your academic record, you'll find a rigorous experience with the opportunity to earn sponsorship in this selective program.
Why Choose the Premedical Program?
- You have an undergraduate degree but need to complete some or all of premedical coursework before applying to medical or dental school.
- You are looking to study part-time, in evening courses on the Harvard campus.
- You need flexible, affordable, yet rigorous coursework that prepares you for medical or dental school and that demonstrates your competency to admissions committees.
- You are seeking a program that has a strong medical school placement record. See a list of schools our program candidates have been admitted to recently.
Benefits of the Program
- Advising as you prepare your application.
- A Harvard University ID card, which grants you access to the Harvard library system and other on-campus resources.
- Sponsorship consideration (includes a composite letter of recommendation and a personal assessment).
- Access to federal financial aid.
- Membership in the Harvard Alumni Association upon completion of the program.
- Discounted access to Harvard Medical School’s HMX online courses upon program completion.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident who has earned a bachelor's degree, you are invited to apply. We invite you to review the admission criteria and learn how to apply
Our 2020–21 undergraduate tuition is $1,880 a course. Given that most students in our program complete 20 to 32 credits, the total tuition cost is between $9,400 and $15,040.
Program or Application Questions?
Contact us at the Premedical Program Office: (617) 495-2926, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just Want to Take a Premedical Course?
You can enroll in medical science courses without applying to the program. Find courses in medical sciences, biological sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, and physics by searching our course catalog.
Interested in Noncredit Options?
Harvard Medical School HMX offers five fully online, asynchronous courses that cover foundational topics in medicine. While the courses do not count for credit toward Harvard Extension School programs, they will help you understand and apply key scientific principles critical for a range of health career professions. To learn more, visit the HMX website.