Visual Arts Graduate Certificate
Explore and analyze the arts in their contexts through observation, hands-on artistic creative processes, and academic study. Through this liberal arts graduate certificate, you will learn about history’s great works, mediums, and themes.
Key learning outcomes
- Insight on essential frameworks and methodologies by which to understand, critique, and appreciate art.
- Understanding of art in its cultural, political, philosophical, and historical context.
- Deepened knowledge in focused topic areas, such as art history since World War II, Buddhist and Japanese artistic traditions, religion and the arts, and contemporary Latin American film.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete three certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate certificate in Visual Arts requires three courses.
You may choose any three courses from the Visual Arts certificate course group, using the certificate course search.