Project Management Graduate Certificate
Through this professional graduate certificate, you'll gain the technical and business management skills to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close a project. You'll also practice the leadership and communication skills to motivate and hold others accountable throughout the project process. The curriculum for this certificate aligns with the Project Management Institute’s talent triangle.
Key learning outcomes
- Understand the project management life cycle in order to manage a project from start to finish.
- Develop leadership skills and techniques to work with others to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Acquire knowledge of how project management impacts strategy and business success.
- Utilize change management practices to promote innovation.
No application is required. You simply register for courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete 16 certificate credits at the graduate level.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in project management requires four courses, or 16 credits.
You may choose from the following course groups, using the certificate course search.
- Technical Project Management (choose one course from select group)
- Strategic Business Management (choose one course from select group)
- Leadership (choose one course from select group)
- Elective (choose one course from select group)
Courses taken before the 2018-2019 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.