Philosophy and Ethics Graduate Certificate
Explore questions of human existence and knowledge, truth, ethics, and the nature and meaning of life through some of history’s greatest thinkers. Through this liberal arts graduate certificate, you will challenge your own point of view and gain a deeper understanding of philosophy and ethics through relevant works in the arts, sciences, and culture across historical eras.
Key learning outcomes
- Enhanced ability to formulate and ask questions, engage in constructive conversation, and develop arguments.
- Understanding of the inquiries that occur in ethical debate, research, academic writing, and thinking.
- Knowledge of philosophical ideas and application to real-life issues, such as medical ethics, the environment, and science.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate in Philosophy and Ethics certificate requires four courses.
You may choose any four courses from the Philosophy and Ethics certificate course group, using the certificate course search.