Learning Design and Technology Graduate Certificate
Learn to create and implement effective learning experiences on digital platforms through an understanding of instructional design principles, technology, and application. Gain the skills you need to develop or enhance a career in K–12 education, higher education, corporate training, nonprofit education, museums, or related organizations.
Key learning outcomes
- Foundational instructional design theories, frameworks, and application to develop learning experiences for digital platforms, including project-planning, content expertise, communication, writing, and technology.
- Understanding of pertinent technology, programs, and methods, including interactive media, video, editing, digital design, and digital narrative.
- Knowledge in focused topic areas, such as website development, web programming, and content management systems site development.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Learning Design and Technology requires four courses:
- Introduction to Learning Design course (choose one course from select group)
- Technology for Education course (choose one course from select group)
- Elective course (choose one course from select group)
- Application of knowledge and skills course (choose one course from select group; this is your final certificate course)
Curriculum change: We have revised the curriculum for this certificate to better meet industry standards and to help you to focus your studies based on your academic and professional needs. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.