Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate
Develop essential knowledge and skills related to innovation and entrepreneurship. Through this professional graduate certificate, you’ll discover new ways of thinking, learn to drive innovative initiatives, and approach business challenges with a fresh perspective.
Key learning outcomes
- Understand principles and methods of idea generation and development, such as design thinking, systems thinking, or creativity.
- Develop knowledge and skills to foster and manage an organization or group culture of innovation and entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship.
- Gain an understanding of business frameworks and models and connect innovation and entrepreneurial initiatives to organization objectives and goals.
- Gain fluency in how to communicate, finance, or market a new idea, product, or initiative.
No application is required. You simply register for courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship requires four courses:
- Creativity and innovation course (choose one course from select group)
- Business models and frameworks course (choose one course from select group)
- Entrepreneurship: tools and skills course (choose one course from select group)
- Application of knowledge and skills course (choose one course from select group)
Recommended Course Path: We recommend completing the required courses in the order presented above, when possible.
Courses taken before the 2016–17 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.