Data Analytics Certificate
Deepen your analytics knowledge. And learn how to use computational, statistical, and information technology tools to inform strategic business decisions. Through this professional graduate certificate, you’ll develop the skills to discover new insights that solve challenges for your organization.
Key learning outcomes
- Learn to select, apply, and interpret appropriate statistical analyses and data mining methods for real-world data problems.
- Master programming skills for business analytics. Gain basic skills with information management tools and cloud databases to store, analyze, and extract business-relevant information.
- Use data visualization to understand and communicate data analyses and report data findings effectively to diverse audiences.
- Apply your knowledge and skills to real-world business challenges in advertising, sports, health, media and emerging technologies.
No application is required. You simply register for courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Introductory statistics and knowledge of R, equivalent to CSCI E-5A Introduction to R, recommended. Some courses require calculus and linear algebra. Business experience is a plus.
Students who have a solid foundation in statistics may take an additional data analytics elective (for a total of three) in place of the introductory course option. Students with limited statistical background should begin with an introductory course.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete 16 certificate credits at the graduate level.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in data analytics requires four courses or 16 credits.
You may choose from the following course groups, using the certificate course search.
- Introductory course (you may select up to 1 course; however, intro courses are not required for this certificate)
- Required statistics course (choose one course from select group)
- Certificate elective courses (choose 2-3 courses from select group)
Courses taken before the 2018-2019 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.