Gain a critical understanding of the technological needs, threats, and weaknesses in cybersecurity. Through this professional graduate certificate, you will build knowledge of the tools and protocols needed to navigate, use, and manage security technologies as well as gain insight into the legal, social, and political dynamics of the cyber universe.
Key learning outcomes
- Build an understanding of data network device and communications technology, architecture, and management.
- Develop knowledge of technical and organizational information security risks and communication tactics to mitigate these risks for both traditional and cloud-based environments.
- Learn to develop and articulate effective enterprise information security policies that address internal and external national and international threats.
- Gain insight into the strategies and protocols needed to secure and monitor computer networks in global organizations.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Cybersecurity requires four courses:
- CSCI E-45A The Cyber World: Hardware, Software, Networks, Security, and Management (required course; may be taken in any order)
- CSCI E-45B The Cyber World: Governance, Threats, Conflict, Privacy, Identity, and Commerce (required course; may be taken in any order)
- Electives (choose two courses from select group)
To be successful in this certificate, students should be comfortable with technology and technical terms as well as reading and writing technical documents. Additionally, students should have the ability to think logically and be able to analyze complex problems to determine their constituent parts.
Courses taken before the 2014–15 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.