Business Economics Certificate
Learn how to integrate economic principles and business concepts. Through this professional graduate certificate, you build understanding of the role of local, national, and global economies and their influence on business, commerce, trade, and government. Advance a career in business, finance, a multinational corporation, trade, or international development.
Key learning outcomes
- Understanding of current economic issues and economic principles and methods, including real-world applications and elements of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- Knowledge of economic perspective on the nature, scale, and organization of businesses and the role of information and transaction costs in internal and external markets.
- Deepened knowledge in focused topic areas, such as labor economics, economics of financial markets, economic strategy and competitiveness, and economics of emerging markets.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Business Economics requires four courses.
You may choose from the following course groups, using the certificate course search:
- Principles of Economics (choose one course from this group)
- Microeconomics (choose one course from this group)
- Electives (choose any two courses from this group)