Prepare for medical or dental school through the postbaccalaureate Premedical Program at Harvard Extension School. Whether you are changing fields and need to complete all prerequisite coursework, or you are looking to strengthen your academic record, you'll find a rigorous experience with the opportunity to earn sponsorship in this selective program.
Why Choose the Premedical Program?
- You have an undergraduate degree but need to complete some or all of premedical coursework before applying to medical or dental school.
- You are looking for flexibility and affordability, including part-time study, evening courses on the Harvard campus, and reasonable tuition.
- You need rigorous coursework that prepares you for medical or dental school and that demonstrates your competency to admissions committees.
- You are seeking a program that has a strong medical school placement record. See a list of schools our program candidates have been admitted to recently.
Benefits of the Program
- Advising as you prepare your application.
- A Harvard University ID card, which grants you access to the Harvard library system and other campus resources.
- Sponsorship consideration (includes a composite letter of recommendation and a personal assessment).
- Access to federal financial aid.
- Membership in the Harvard Alumni Association upon completion of the program.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident who has earned a bachelor's degree, you are invited to apply. We invite you to review the admission criteria and learn how to apply
Our 2017–18 undergraduate tuition is $1,550 a course. Given that most students in our program complete 20 to 32 credits, the total tuition cost is between $7,750 and $12,400.
Just Want to Take a Premedical Course?
Enroll in a medical science course without applying to the program. Find courses in medical sciences, biological sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, and physics in our course catalog.
Program or Application Questions?
Contact us at the Premedical Program Office: (617) 495-2926, HCP@dcemail.harvard.edu