Math Leadership Graduate Certificate
Gain transformational skills in math teacher leadership, including coaching and mentoring. Strengthen practical skills in curriculum and instructional design. Create and learn to facilitate professional development for math teachers. This professional graduate certificate is designed for math administrators and math teachers looking to advance their careers by becoming leaders in their field.
Key learning outcomes
- Develop mathematics teacher content knowledge, pedagogical content knowledge, and teacher leadership skills
- Design and implement programs that address dynamic school situations
- Facilitate research-based frameworks for teacher leadership development that promote collaborative and system-based approaches for timely, relevant, data-informed, and sustainable mathematics education improvement
- Acquire strategies to support math teacher identity development and capacity building to drive school improvement efforts in mathematics teaching, learning, and school culture
- Understand the multiple pathways and entry points to teacher leadership development, both formal and informal, through engagement of strategies and activities tied to teacher practices
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
A minimum of three years of teaching in a secondary mathematics classroom is assumed. This graduate certificate is not appropriate for those without teaching experience.
EARNING THE CERTIFICATE
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Math Leadership requires four courses. You must choose one course from each the following course groups, using the certificate course search:
- Mathematical Foundations
- Math Theory
- Math Pedagogy
- Math Leadership
Courses taken before the 2019-2020 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.