Harvard Extension School courses are open to the public—no application required.
Fall Registration Is Open
You may register for fall courses through August 30. Starting August 31, late registration, with a $50 late fee, continues through September 8. We recommend you register early for limited-enrollment courses. Register now
How to Register for Courses
Step 1: Create or update your student account
In online services you may create your student account, maintain your contact information, register for courses, make payments, and view your grades.
- New students: Select “Register” in the New Student box. You will receive a DCE ID number and DCE PIN after entering the required information.
- Returning students: Log in with your DCE ID number and DCE PIN or your Harvard ID number (HUID) and Harvard PIN.
Learn more about ID numbers and PINs.
Step 2: Review Registration Requirements and Deadlines
Learn about prerequisites and placement tests, the English proficiency requirement, credit status options, and enrollment policies. Most deadlines are noted in the calendar. Take steps now to prepare and meet any requirements that apply to you.
Step 3: Log into Online Services
Reasons to Register Early
- For the best choice of limited-enrollment courses, which fill quickly. (If you are not registering for a limited-enrollment course, it’s best to avoid the first few hours of registration, when volume is very high.)
- To activate your Harvard e-mail account before classes begin.
- For full access to your course website.
- To receive e-mails from instructors and notices from the school about course cancellations, registration information, and schedule changes.
- To avoid a $50 late registration fee. See late registration for specific dates and late registration policies.
Your Registration Confirmation
After you register, you are sent a confirmation of your online registration via e-mail. Your registration confirmation constitutes proof of registration, and you should have it with you when you are on the Harvard campus. In compliance with security regulations, you may be asked to present your confirmation with a government-issued photo ID for admission to certain classrooms in the Science Center, Longwood Medical area, and other buildings and areas on the Harvard campus. You may also print a copy of your registration schedule from online services.