Making course and credit status changes
- You may add courses, change credit status, or drop courses for a full-tuition refund until late registration ends.
- If you register for at least one course by the registration deadline, you do not pay a late fee to add or change courses during late registration.
- You are expected to attend or participate online in all classes you add.
To make course and credit status changes, log into online services and select “Course Registration and Schedule” or submit the course change and withdrawal form.
Dropping and withdrawing from courses
Following are the dates by which a drop or withdrawal must be submitted online or received in the Registrar’s Office. Some deadlines differ for the Institute for English Language Programs. See the IEL calendar.
To drop or withdraw log into online services and select “Course Registration and Schedule” or submit the course change and withdrawal form.
|Drops (full- or half-tuition refund, course dropped from record)
||Tuesday, September 10
||Tuesday, January 7
||Monday, February 3
||Tuesday, September 17
||Monday, February 10
|Withdrawals (no tuition refund, course remains on record; credit students receive a final grade of WD, noncredit students a final grade of WN)
||Friday, November 1
||Friday, April 4
||Friday, November 29
||Thursday, January 16
||Friday, April 25
Credit students who do not withdraw from a course by the withdrawal deadline for that course are assigned a letter grade.
Course change and withdrawal policies
- You are responsible for confirming all course changes you make by checking “Course Registration and Schedule” in online services. Notify the Registrar’s Office immediately of errors.
- Stopping payment on checks or credit cards is not a valid method of dropping or withdrawing from courses.
- You may be assigned a failing grade in a course if you are enrolled for credit, you do not withdraw by the withdrawal deadline, and you do not complete all course requirements.
- If you are considering an Extension degree, please note that withdrawal (WD) and failing grades may affect your eligibility for admission. See the admission information for the degree program that interests you and call the program office with questions (see Directory).