Harvard Extension School courses are open to the public—no application required.
Register for fall courses July 29–September 2
Starting at 7 am eastern time on July 29, you can register for fall courses. If you are an admitted Extension degree candidate, you can register beginning July 25.
Browse courses now >
See the calendar for complete dates and deadlines.
Five reasons to register early
- For the best choice of limited-enrollment courses, which fill quickly.
- To get your Harvard ID number and PIN and activate your Harvard e-mail account before classes begin.
- For full access to your course website.
- To receive e-mails from instructors and notices from the school about course cancellations, registration information, and schedule changes.
- To avoid a late fee. You can register September 3 to September 10, but you’ll have to pay a nonrefundable $50 late fee in addition to the registration fee.
- If you register by the deadline, you can add courses and make course changes during late registration without a late fee.
See our registration guidelines to learn about prerequisites, waitlists, the English proficiency requirement, credit status options, and more.
Tuition and fees
Registration requires full payment of tuition (listed in course descriptions) and a nonrefundable $50 registration fee each term. Learn more about tuition and payment.