Harvard Extension School courses are open to the public—no application required.
January and spring registration opens soon
Degree candidate early registration
Starting at 8 am November 13, you can register if you are in a degree program. Use the degree course search to find courses that apply to your degree.
On November 17 at 7 am, registration for all students opens. Have you picked out a few courses yet? Use our course search to find courses running in January or the spring semester.
January registration ends December 18. Spring registration ends January 25.
Preregister beginning November 3
Get these tasks out of the way early so you can register quickly once registration opens:
New students: Choose “Preregister” in the “New Student?” box on the login page to create an account. You’ll provide biographical information, pay a nonrefundable $50 registration fee, and get your ID number and PIN.
Returning students: Log in and update your information and pay a nonrefundable $50 registration fee.
- English language placement test. Log in to reserve a seat for this on-campus test if you must meet the English proficiency requirement for registration in other courses.
- Test of critical reading and writing skills or math placement test. Log in to take either the online test of reading and writing skills or the math placement test, if required for a course that interests you.
5 reasons to register early
- For the best choice of limited-enrollment courses, which fill quickly.
- To get your Harvard ID number and PIN and activate your Harvard e-mail account within a week of registering.
- For full access to your course website.
- To receive e-mails from instructors and notices from the school about course cancellations, registration information, and schedule changes.
- To avoid the late registration fee. If you register late you must pay a nonrefundable $50 late fee, in addition to the nonrefundable $50 registration fee.
See our registration guidelines to learn about prerequisites, waitlists, the English proficiency requirement, credit status options, and more.
Tuition and fees
Registration requires full payment of tuition (listed in course descriptions) and a nonrefundable $50 registration fee each term. Learn more about payment and financial aid.