Harvard Extension School courses are open to the public—no application required.
Register for fall courses
Degree candidates can register now, before general registration opens. Log in to register.
All students can register starting at 7 am on July 28. Browse courses now.
Six reasons to register early
- For the best choice of limited-enrollment courses, which fill quickly.
- To get your Harvard ID number and PIN and activate your Harvard e-mail account before classes begin.
- For full access to your course website.
- To receive e-mails from instructors and notices from the school about course cancellations, registration information, and schedule changes.
- If you register September 2 to September 9, you’ll have to pay a nonrefundable $50 late fee in addition to the registration fee.
- If you register for even one course by September 1, you can add courses and make course changes during late registration without a late fee.
See our registration guidelines to learn about prerequisites, waitlists, the English proficiency requirement, credit status options, and more.
Right to refuse or cancel registration
The Extension School may refuse or cancel the registration of a person who has been required to withdraw from another Harvard school or course, officially ordered to stay away from the Harvard campus, found responsible for a disciplinary violation at another educational institution, or adjudicated guilty or convicted of a misdemeanor, felony, or other crime.