Harvard Extension School courses are open to the public—no application required.
Register for January and spring courses
Registration is open for January and spring courses. You can register online with a credit card:
- Through December 19 for the January session.
- Through January 26 for the spring term.
If you cannot register online, you may submit a registration form.
Tip. If you register for at least one spring course by January 26, you can add spring courses through February 3.
Institute for English Language (IEL) students: To register for an English course for nonnative speakers, visit the IEL website.
5 reasons to register early
- For the best choice of limited-enrollment courses, which fill quickly.
- To get your Harvard ID number and PIN and activate your Harvard e-mail account within a week of registering.
- For full access to your course website.
- To receive e-mails from instructors and notices from the school about course cancellations, registration information, and schedule changes.
- To avoid the late registration fee. If you register late you must pay a nonrefundable $50 late fee, in addition to the nonrefundable $50 registration fee.
See our registration guidelines to learn about prerequisites, waitlists, the English proficiency requirement, credit status options, and more.
Tuition and fees
Registration requires full payment of tuition (listed in course descriptions) and a nonrefundable $50 registration fee each term. Learn more about payment and financial aid.