For the Media
For press and media requests, please contact Harvard Extension School’s Office of Public and Media Relations, a valuable resource for journalists seeking information on the school and expert commentary on a variety of subjects related to continuing higher education.
Linda Armstrong Cross
Director of PR/Media Relations
Phone: (617) 998-8530
Harvard Division of Continuing Education
51 Brattle Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
About Harvard Extension School
The following links can provide more information about the Harvard Extension mission, curriculum, faculty, and history.
- Faculty Directory
- 100 Years of the Harvard Extension School
- Turning a Chipper 100: Convocation Launches Harvard Extension Centennial
- A Century of Everyday Learning
- Degrees and Credentials Offered
Extension School news stories
The Harvard Extension School hub houses recent news stories, blogs, and events. You can explore stories through our various channels or tags, and even subscribe to channels via RSS:
- Around Extension
- Arts, culture, and society
- Business and career
- National and world affairs
- Science and technology
- 2010-11 news
- 2009-10 news
- Media coverage and videos from our centennial year (2009-10)
- 2008-09 news
- 2007-08 news
External media, filming, and photography policies
Harvard University has strict policies about filming and taking photographs on campus. The following guidelines have been established to protect the privacy of all members of the Harvard community and to promote an environment conducive to learning. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Reporters, photographers, video/motion picture cameras, and media recording equipment are not permitted inside Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) and Harvard Extension School buildings, including classrooms, laboratories, office buildings, or other facilities unless assigned by the director of PR/media relations.
- Only exteriors of buildings may be photographed or filmed with approval in advance. To request a permission form, call (617) 998-8530. This permission form must be completed in advance of shooting, and the photographers or film crew must carry the form with them during the shoot.
- Please secure the permission, in advance, of any students who will be photographed or filmed in wide shots of the Yard or elsewhere.
- Special events, conferences, seminars, speeches, etc. may be recorded or filmed by the Harvard Extension School sponsoring organization, for archival purposes and news posts. Such recording may not be sold or distributed to other internal or external organizations.
- Filming and reporting of Harvard Extension School sponsored events inside Harvard buildings may be permitted at the discretion of the director of PR and media relations, in advance.
Harvard Extension School maintains an electronic database of thousands of photos suitable for media use. To request a photo, please send an e-mail to email@example.com stating the subject and intended use. All photos are copyrighted and must be properly credited and used for the stated purpose only.