If severe inclement weather or other emergency requires the cancellation of all Extension classes, the cancellation is communicated through a variety of media:
- A posting on Harvard Extension School’s homepage.
- 24-hour telephone information line messages:
- Harvard Extension School Information Line: (617) 495-4024
- Harvard University Weather Emergency Phone Line: (866) 496-NEWS (6397)
- Local television and website postings:
- E-mail and text messages
- E-mail to all students and faculty (to e-mail address in DCE record) from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MessageMe text to all MessageMe subscribers. Subscribe now to MessageMe, the Harvard emergency text notification system, to have alerts sent to your electronic device.
Cambridge emergency parking bans
If Cambridge institutes an emergency parking ban during a weather or other emergency, a notice will appear on the City of Cambridge website.
Whenever classes meet, pay attention to local weather and travel conditions if you commute from beyond the Cambridge and Boston area, and use your judgment regarding safe travel to campus.
In an emergency on campus, call 617 495-1212, the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) urgent phone line. See Playing It Safe for HUPD tips on campus safety.