To earn the associate degree, complete 64 credits at Harvard University (Harvard Extension School, Harvard Summer School, or the Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences) and, after being admitted with a 3.0 GPA, maintain good academic standing (2.0 GPA). You also need to meet the residency requirement.
Of the total 64 credits, 32 must be completed at the Extension School, according to the following guidelines:
- Pass 8 credits with C– or higher in each of three areas: humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- Pass 8 credits in expository writing: EXPO E-25 or EXPO S-20 with a grade of B or higher and another expository writing course with a C– or higher.
- Pass 4 credits in a writing-intensive course with C– or higher.
- Fulfill the moral reasoning and quantitative reasoning requirements described in the ALB requirements.
- Complete 32 credits with Harvard instructors.
Use the degree course search to find courses that count toward the degree.
Also see the degree requirements summary.