Use this search to find courses that count toward the degree.
Undergraduate degree online and on campus
At Harvard Extension School, you can complete an undergraduate degree you began elsewhere or earn your entire degree while balancing your career and other commitments.
For the Associate in Arts (AA) and Bachelor of Liberal Arts (ALB):
- Study options are flexible, with evening and online courses during the fall, January session, spring, and summer. See Online and On-Campus Course Requirement.
- Twenty optional fields of study and seven business minors are available.
- Special options include internships, faculty aide positions, study abroad, and the opportunity to take Harvard College courses.
Tuition and financial aid
Tuition for each course is $1,020 to $1,200. You can earn the entire four-year bachelor’s degree for approximately $35,000. After you are admitted, a variety of financial aid options are available.
Career and graduate school outlook
Our alumni have gone on to prestigious graduate schools and advanced in their professions.
Hear from a few alumni in the following video.
Alumni have attended graduate programs at such universities as Harvard, MIT, Yale, Oxford, and Cambridge. See a sampling of graduate schools alumni have attended. And see what employers and alumni have to say about the value of the Harvard Extension degree experience on Your Degree, Your Career.
Undergraduate degree alumni have transitioned or advanced in diverse fields, including entertainment, marketing, and government. See the top 10 career fields for alumni.
Admission and getting started
- The ALB degree is open to students who do not already have a bachelor’s degree.
- The AA degree is open to students with no prior degrees and less than 16 transferable undergraduate credits.
Start off with just one course. Every student takes three courses before applying—an ideal way to ensure the program is the right fit for you. Earning a B in each course is part of the admission process.