Bachelor’s and associate degrees
Harvard Extension School’s Associate in Arts (AA) and Bachelor of Liberal Arts (ALB) degrees are designed for nontraditional students who want a challenging academic experience but need a program that is flexible and convenient given their active lives.
You can complete an undergraduate education that you began elsewhere, or earn your entire degree studying part time in evening and in online classes that range in tuition from $995 to $1,175 per course. Our blended degree program requires just a minimum residency of 16 credits of on-campus courses for the ALB and for the AA.
The ALB degree is open to students who do not already have a bachelor’s degree. The AA degree is open to students with no prior degrees and less than 16 transferable undergraduate credits.
Benefits of a liberal arts degree at Harvard Extension
- Study with distinguished faculty members affiliated with Harvard University.
- Choose from 20 optional fields of study.
- Balance your career and your studies through evening and online options offered during the fall, January session, spring, and summer (at Harvard Summer School).
- Earn a business minor in fields such as accounting, finance, and management.
- Pursue special options like studying abroad or Special Student status at Harvard College.
- Join alumni who have gone on to graduate programs at such universities as Harvard, MIT, Yale, Oxford, and Cambridge.
Learn more in our program overview.
Journey through Extension
In this video, hear from students about completing their undergraduate degree at Harvard Extension School, while participating in the graduation ceremony.