Some firewall administrators block all video streaming into their site. More commonly, problems related to firewalls are the result of configuration errors, either of the browser or the firewall itself. To determine if Flash videos are being blocked by a firewall, please go to our Flash Video Tests page and try test 9.
Video courses at Harvard Extension School feature recordings of lectures held on campus at Harvard, including videos of Harvard College lectures. You can find these courses via the course search.
Our online-only courses feature videotaped lectures of on-campus courses. Videos are posted on the course website weekly. There is no scheduled class time, so you can watch them at any time during the week.
Online option in on-campus courses
These courses meet on campus each week, and the lectures are videotaped and posted online. If you enroll in courses with an online option, you can attend lectures in person, watch them online at your convenience, or both.
The following sample lectures will give you a sense of the online course experience:
Technical requirements and log-in instructions
1. Install software for viewing videos and class materials.
2. Verify you have the appropriate computer platform, Internet connection, and browser preferences.
- Platforms: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, MAC OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks).
- Connections: A cable modem, DSL, or T1 Internet connection is required for optimal performance. A minimum reliable 56 kbps dial-up modem is required (56 kbps is useful only for the audio-only stream).
- Windows browsers: Internet Explorer 10, 11, Firefox 28 and higher, Chrome 32 and higher.
- Mac browsers: Safari 6.0 and higher, Firefox 28.0 and higher, and Chrome 32 and higher.
- Browser preferences should be set to allow pop-up windows from *.dce.harvard.edu. For Safari, set the browser to allow all pop-ups while viewing lectures.
We do not support:
- Beta versions of any software
- Courses may often use technology that does not work on mobile devices. For this reason, taking a course solely through mobile devices is not supported. However, videos can be viewed on the following Apple iOS7 devices: iPhone 5, 5S, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display. Android devices are not supported at this time.
3. Watch weekly videos.
Once you have registered and classes begin:
- Visit your course website (linked in the course description). You may want to bookmark the website for future reference.
- Choose “Lecture Videos” from the menu on the course website.
- Select the video you would like to watch.
- Log in to watch the video using your Harvard ID number and PIN (note: videos cannot be downloaded).
Videos are available within 24 hours after the course meets on campus and remain online for the duration of the semester.
After completing the steps above, if you still have problems either in configuring your computer or when you try to attend class call:
- (617) 495-4024 Mondays through Fridays from 9 am to 5 pm eastern time.
- (617) 998-8571 Mondays through Fridays, 5 pm to midnight; Saturdays, 9 am to 10 pm; and Sundays, noon to 10 pm eastern time.
- E-mail email@example.com.
- Click the “Report a problem” link on the video page of the course website.