Strategic Management Certificate
Help contribute to the big picture at your organization and remain competitive in today's global marketplace by building a solid understanding of key business and management principles.
Key learning outcomes
- Align the basic direction and goals of an organization; analyze an environment's social, political, technological, economic, and global factors; evaluate industry and market structure; and assess organizational strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand the essentials of business management in a global economy, such as corporate responsibility and ethics; organizational efficiency; and decision-making frameworks for competing strategic priorities.
- Leverage corporate sustainability strategy, human resource management, strategic resource allocation, crisis management, and marketing management.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete five certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
This certificate requires five courses from the following course groups*:
- Economics, Accounting, or Finance (choose one course from select group)
- Marketing (choose one course from select group)
- Organizational Behavior (choose one course from select group)
- Elective (choose one course from select group)
- Strategy (choose one course; we recommend that this be your final certificate course)
* If you began taking courses toward the strategic management certificate in Fall 2014 or prior, you may follow the former certificate configuration: choose any four management courses (e.g., MGMT E- or MGMT S-#) for your electives, then choose MGMT E-5000 Strategic Management to fulfill the strategy requirement as your final course. You may complete the certificate under these requirements until May 30, 2017.
You may choose courses that meet online or on campus.