Business Communication Certificate
Learn to deliver clear, concise, and convincing messaging to advance ideas, build consensus, and resolve conflict. By earning this professional graduate certificate, you can sharpen your communication skills, build your confidence, and gain an advantage in the workplace.
Key learning outcomes
- Compose effective business communications, including proposals, presentations, and reports.
- Apply key communication methods—such as informational briefing, persuasive messaging, or conflict management—to meet specific objectives.
- Master the techniques of public speaking, including message development, content, projection, inflection, and delivery.
No application is required. You simply register for courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete three certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Business Communication requires three courses.
You may choose any three courses from the Business Communication certificate course group, using the certificate course search.
Courses taken before the 2013–14 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.