Back End Web Development Certificate
Learn how to build and maintain the technology that powers the administrator side of a website. Through this professional graduate certificate, you'll gain vital knowledge and skills to drive communication between technology platforms and to power the back-end of a website.
Key learning outcomes
- Understand applications' operation with databases and learn to evolve simple, static websites into dynamic, database-driven web applications.
- Learn about vital technologies, processes, and platforms, such as object-oriented PHP, Laravel, basic server setup and management, version control with Git, dependency management, and Drupal 8.
- Develop understanding of the fundamentals of rapid application and plugin development, artifacts; internationalization; testing, building, and deploying; security; performance tuning, and dynamic and static typing.
No application is required. You simply register for courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Back-end Web Development requires four courses:
- Required course (choose one course from select group)
- Electives (choose any three courses from select group)
- This certificate assumes prior programming experience and familiarity with the content covered in CSCI 12 and CSCI 3. Students without this knowledge may wish to first pursue the Front End Web Development Certificate.
- Courses taken before the 2016–17 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.