How to Apply to the Premedical Program
Who is Eligible
To be considered for the Premedical Program, you must:
- Have already completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Exception: If you have been admitted to the Extension School's Bachelor of Liberal Arts Program and you have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, you may apply to the Premedical Program before you have earned the degree.
- Be able to demonstrate achievement in your past academic pursuits and an interest in the healthcare field (although there is no minimum GPA, it is unlikely that applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 will be accepted).
- Be in good academic and financial standing with Harvard University, with no disciplinary or administrative procedures pending (applies to current or former students only).
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident. We are not able to accept international students.
When to Apply
We accept applications between January 15 and June 30 annually. You should apply to the Premedical Program at least a year before applying to medical or dental school.
We recommend that you apply early. Because we admit students on a rolling basis, the program may fill before the June 30 deadline.
You may submit your application between January 15 and June 30 to start the program in the summer or fall of that same year.
How to Apply
We accept applications between January 15 and June 30 for entry into the program in summer or fall of 2018.
On January 15, 2018, a new online application process will be instituted. Please check this page in November for instructions.
Current Bachelor of Liberal Arts (ALB) Candidates
The $100 application fee will be waived if you apply while you are still a degree candidate. Simply complete the Premedical Program application and submit all additional materials, including transcripts for all undergraduate coursework completed or attempted. A full application will help us provide suitable advice and support. Sponsorship criteria remains the same: you must pay the $500 fee and meet minimum credit, course selection, GPA, and MCAT requirements.
If you are an admitted degree candidate, have the minimum required GPA, and are interested in applying to medical school, you may schedule an appointment with Jennifer Bohland (617-495-2926) for more information. It is important to begin working with the program staff soon after your ALB admission.
Program or Application Questions?
Contact us at the Premedical Program Office: (617) 495-2926, HCP@dcemail.harvard.edu