Information Management Systems Degree
Learn to build, enhance, and support complex information management systems while gaining a deep understanding of the practical frameworks for solving technology problems.
Key learning outcomes
Through the graduate program in information management systems you:
- Build an understanding and application of current information management technologies, such as databases, communication protocols, cloud computing, and web frameworks.
- Gain knowledge of risk and opportunity assessment, change management, and understanding of practical frameworks for resolving business challenges.
- Enhance your understanding of business needs around modern commerce, ability to evaluate competing solutions, and practice in planning the deployment of emerging technologies.
The master’s degree includes 12 courses, at least one taken on campus.
- Get started. You begin by completing three admission courses from the program curriculum. This is your opportunity to demonstrate your commitment and ability to perform well as a Harvard student.
- Apply to the program. While you are completing your third admission course, you submit your application. We have application periods in the fall, spring, and summer.
- Continue your studies, online and on campus. As you progress through the program, you choose from courses offered on campus or online, in the fall, spring, or summer. To fully experience Harvard, you take at least the required capstone course on campus as part of your degree. The capstone is available online with an intensive on-campus weekend.
- Complete a capstone. Working in classroom and team setting, you'll work with fellow master's candidates to apply knowledge and skills obtained in the program to design a significant enterprise project and present it to a faculty committee for critique. You'll emerge with a solid understanding of how a large-scale, information technology project is executed and communicated.
- Graduate with your Harvard degree. You participate in the annual Harvard Commencement, receiving your Harvard University degree: Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in extension studies, field: Information Management Systems.
Affordability is core to our mission. Our 2016–17 graduate tuition is $2,550 per course; the total tuition cost of earning the graduate degree is approximately $30,600.
There are a number of financial aid options available once you’re admitted to the program.